An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.





 The 117 FSS Customer Service office will stop accepting customers at 1130 and 1600 , however during times of high volume the customer service office may suspend taking new customers prior to posted close of business hours.

Thank you.


The 117th Customer Service / ID Card Section is now accepting walk-in customers and will no longer schedule appointments. As always, priority will be given to current military members in uniform.


For questions about how to obtain or renew ID cards, 

contact the 117 FSS Customer Service at (205) 714-2855.

117 FSS Customer Service Hours of Operation:

Monday          Closed

Tuesday         0730-1130  and 1300-1600

Wednesday    0730-1130  and 1300-1600

Thursday       0730-1130  and 1300-1600

Friday             0730-1130  and 1300-1600




DOD policy requires TWO VALID forms of STATE or FEDERAL ISSUED identification for Military ID Card (CAC/Retired or Dependent) issue on an individual 18 years of age or older. (ALL forms must be Original or Certified Copy and NOT EXPIRED) One of your IDs MUST BE A PHOTO ID, that is listed below.

  1. Primary: (Must be Photo ID)

  1. Valid Driver’s License

  2. Passport

  3. State ID (Does not include school/work issued IDs).

  4. Veteran’s Administration (VA) card 

  1. Secondary: (Does not have to be a Photo ID)

    1. Social Security Card

    2. Birth Certificate

    3. Voter Registration Card

The DEERS/RAPIDS system WILL NOT ALLOW us to issue a military ID card without meeting these requirements.

Dependents will need a DD Form 1172, signed by the MILITARY MEMBER within 90 days of issue.

If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to call us at (205) 714-2855.


CAC Replacement Guide 

Scan or Click QR Code for a Guide to Replacing Your CAC Card



Click image for information about the Air National Guard

Personnnel Records

Service records on former civilian and military members are NOT maintained by the Air National Guard. They are maintained by the National Archives and Records Administrations' National Personnel Records Center. Records request instructions and contact information is listed on their website.